6/28/2008

Pasta with Peas

For dinner tonight, I made Voila - a packaged chicken, pasta & vegetables dish that you just heat up in the skillet. Tristan refused it immediately. He told me that he didn't like it at all, because it was "yucky". I told him it had pasta and peas, two of his favorites. He still refused, on the grounds that he doesn't like pasta with peas.

I finally told him OK, but that he couldn't have one of the triple fudge brownies I made earlier unless he tried it. So, very reluctantly, he took a bite. "Wow, mommy! I do like pasta with peas. I just thought I didn't like it, but I do!" After finishing the entire bowl, he informed me that, "I ate 100 of my pasta, so now I can get brownies." :-)

2 comments:

7TimeChampion said...

A toddler you can reason with, nice...or should I say "shocking." I have now caught up on your blog.

Still awaiting sink + .

Anonymous said...

That Sam-I-Am, that Sam-I-Am...

Sorry, that's what it made me think of. :-)