6/14/2008

June 6th - The Trip

So on Friday, we packed up, loaded the CD player with great tunes, and took off for Aunt Jennifer's house.  We left in the middle of the day, since we were only driving halfway on Friday.  Tristan was especially concerned about the idea of going on a "big trip" and getting to stay in a hotel.

The boys both did really well on the trip.  Logan slept a lot, and Tristan had a great time looking at all the different kinds of vehicles we passed.






After several hours on the road, we were ready to stay somewhere nice for the night.  We stopped in a town about halfway to Jennifer's house, and started hotel hunting.  We stopped at the first place that looked promising, and I went inside with Logan.  There was 1 clerk, and he was on the phone.  He didn't even acknowledge me for several minutes.  When he finally did, it was with a terse, "I'll be with you in a minute."  Well, I stood there for a few seconds, then walked out.  That's a big deal for me!  I've always had a problem with assertiveness.  If I was served the wrong food at a restaurant, I would just eat it anyway.  I never wanted to make a scene, or hurt anyone's feelings.  But in this hotel lobby, holding a cranky baby, after several hours on the road, I just thought to myself, "I deserve better treatment than this!"  Woo-hoo!  Go me!!!  Anyway, after a couple more tries, we ended up at a Hampton Inn & Suites.  It was nice!  And the service was stellar!!  :-)
 

This was like a pillow buffet!  You had your pick of several types of pillows.
Horton Hears a Who looked great on our large, flat screen tv!  :)

I really wish I'd beaten the boys to the towels.  I wanted to take a picture of them.  The hotel had them all folded up into flowers & stuff!  Cute!  But it didn't take the boys any time at all to destroy the floral towel arrangement.

We finally turned in at about 9 pm, after eating a yummy dinner of take-out Cracker Barrel.  Unfortunately, Logan had slept so much on the trip, he wasn't very interested in sleeping in the hotel.  Didn't get the best night sleep, despite the fancy pillow selection.

No comments: