6/10/2008

He Talks!!

OK, I am so behind on my posts, it's not even funny.  I'm kinda obsessive about blogging, in that I want my posts to be IN ORDER.  I feel like if I'm going to post something, I need it to be in its proper chronological place on the blog.  I have cute pics from our trip to Aunt Jenn's house, from the hotel we stayed in on the way, from our first day here, etc.  And I still haven't even finished posting about Matt's visit home, and that was now 2 weeks ago!!

But, Logan said his first real words yesterday.  My blog will now be completely out of order, and it's gonna drive me crazy, but I just couldn't wait to share this.

For quite a while now, Logan has been trying to talk.  He just jabbers and jabbers - in sentences & paragraphs, even.  He obviously knows exactly what he's trying to say.  The only problem is that no one else can understand a word!  So about a month ago, I started trying to teach him baby signs, to help him communicate.  It took a little while, but now he's picking them up pretty well.  His favorite signs are for "more" and "all done".

Yesterday afternoon, he was eating, and I asked him if he wanted more, or if he was all done.  He signed all done, so I said, "OK, you're all done."  He looked right at me, did the sign, and said, "all duh".  I was so excited!!  He repeated it for Aunt Jenn, and then several more times over the course of the evening.  This morning, I was feeding him cereal for breakfast, and he just kept signing and saying all done, over and over again.  So right now, "all duh" are my very favorite words.  It's obvious that Logan is just thrilled to be able to say something, and I'm thrilled too.

3 comments:

Becke' said...

Whoo-hoo for talking kids...or not...depending on the day. HEE!

Jenny said...

How sweet!!!

Little Oak Table said...

that is exciting!