6/20/2008

Generations

Ok, I know I really need to go to sleep now, but just one more post before I do.

The past few days, I've really had a song on my heart.  It's a Sara Groves song, called Generations.  Here is part of the chorus...

Remind me of this with every decision
Generations will reap what I sow
I can pass on a curse or a blessing
To those I will never know

To my great-great-great-granddaughter,
Live in peace
To my great-great-great-grandson,
Live in peace

Wow!  What a sobering thought.  If you're anything like me, those words are humbling, and a bit scary.

God, please help me to remember, every moment of every day, that You are what matters in this life.  Help me to remember that my actions will affect not just myself, not just my own children, but generations.  People I will never know will be influenced by the choices I make during my lifetime.  God, let my choices be good ones.  Let them reflect my love for You.  Let them be a legacy of blessings, and of peace, for the generations that follow.

Amen

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

I LOVE that song!!!

Jenny said...

I love that song, too and I LOVE Sara Groves!!