6/27/2008

Kindness Exists

Just wanted to share this, because it made me smile. We went to Wal-Mart a couple of days ago, and I let Tristan pick out a Hot Wheels car to replace one he lost on the trip. We went ahead and opened it, so he could play with it in the store. Well, when we went to checkout, he accidentally rolled it under the rack of chips & candy bars. I looked under, and it was right in the middle. Tristan tried to reach it, but his arms were too short. I was holding a crying Logan, so there was no way I could sprawl on the floor to get it. The man behind us in checkout, who was dressed very nicely, got down on his stomach on the floor to get it for Tristan. I didn't ask him to do this, he just did it.

I look for opportunities to do this myself. I love letting people out in traffic, helping people when they drop things, holding open doors, etc. When we were at the Roan Mountain Rhododendron Festival, a woman at a booth accidentally gave me $10 too much in change. I pointed this out to her, and gave it back. She was so surprised. It's sad that honesty is surprising to people these days.

What random acts of kindness have you witnessed lately? Or done yourself for others?

2 comments:

Becke' said...

When I went on my Branson trip, my father in law paid for someone to come in and clean my house...a total surpise! Very appreciated!

Becke' said...

Surprise, not surpise!