6/05/2008

Matt Update

Just got off the phone with my dear husband. The 24-hour operation went well. He was the Officer in Command for the range. His guys said it was a good exercise for them. Matt has now experienced his first sandstorm. I asked him what it was like. His answer? "Very sandy." Typical Matt. :) He said that during the sandstorm, he realized just how many bodily crevices he had. Apparently, the sand had found them all. Ugh! After the operation, he went to take a shower, but the water was turned off for some reason. They finally turned it back on, and he took a good shower, followed by a 3-hour nap. He has also now seen a camel spider and a viper. One of his fellow officers, Sharpe, was almost bitten by the viper. Apparently, Sharpe thought the viper was a camel spider (it was dark), and he decided to "mess with it". He poked it with his weapon, and quickly realized his mistake. That's what you get for being a bully, Sharpe! :-)~

Matt said he'll be able to call again tomorrow, but he'll have to call my cell phone, since I'll be on the road traveling. I'll post the next update as soon as I get a chance, though.

Finally, Matt asked me to tell everyone that he said, "Hi!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Camel spiders and vipers. Not the place for me. I love these updates, Jana. Keep them coming.

7TimeChampion said...

Hang in the Jana. How is the FlyLady stuff coming? I shined our sink after your post.

the Percifuls said...

Hey, Shane! The fly lady stuff was going great until the 3 of us started trading illinesses around. But I have faith that my sink will be shiny again soon!

Jenny said...

Yikes... I hate itty bitty spiders, I can't even imagine!

Ruthie said...

I had no idea what a Camel spider was until I Googled it. Yikes! Tell Matt to be careful -- so glad we don't have anything like that here. Looks like something out of a SciFi movie!
Ruthie