6/15/2008

June 15th - Happy Father's Day

Matt,

From our very first date, I knew I wanted to marry you - even though you didn't agree until our second date!  :)  That has turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life.  You have been a rock for me.  You have always believed in me, even when I didn't.  You have loved me, even when I was unloveable.  You truly bring out the best in me.

I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Tristan, I cried.  I didn't believe I would be a good mother, and I was scared.  You told me to be happy, that I would be a great mom.  You believed in me, and in a part of me that I didn't yet know existed.

Fast forward several years.  I have never been happier in my life.  Having children, with you, has really made my life complete.  You know, I loved you so much before we had kids, but seeing you as a father has made me appreciate what a really wonderful man you are. You are a great leader, provider, and nurturer for our family.

So today, as we celebrate Father's Day, even though you're not here, I want you to know how much I love you.  You mean the world to me, and to our children.  Today, I want to honor you, for the amazing husband, father, and man you are.  Thank you, a million times over!

All my love,
Jana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my heart and youo all are my world. I love you more than you know and more than I can express. Thank you soooooo much.

Jenny said...

Sooo sweet!