6/18/2008

Greetings from Iraq

Hello all from dusty, sandy Iraq.  I am posted in Tallil, but currently, I am in Baghdad sanded in on a convoy.  So far it isn't bad at all.  I am now a platoon leader in the cavalry.  I have been in country for about a week and have spent most of that week at Camp Victory on the northern side of Baghdad International Airport.  I went out on convoy with one of my 2 convoys and we have been stuck here.  This isn't a bad place to be stuck in.  The PX and dining facilities are better here than Tallil, which isn't bad.

We were in Kuwait for over a week, and it was hot, hotter than here.  I saw my first camels and bedoins there.  They can have it all...

I was one of the rare few that got their original posts.  My company commander and first sergeant are great people.  They are as advertised.  I am really pleased with my platoon.  My platoon sergeant is also a first rate guy with a varied wealth of experience to draw from.  I have some really wonderful people around me and I'm as pleased as I can be being as far away as I am from home and the people I love.  So far, so good.  Keep up the prayers for all of us, and our families.  Thank you all, and I love you.

Matt 

No comments: