6/30/2008

Boredom = Creativity

What is there to do when you're stuck at home sick? Use your imagination. Yesterday morning, Tristan had Lucky Charms cereal for breakfast. Well, actually, he picked all the marshmallows out of the box and ate them. (He woke up at 4 am, so later in the morning when he asked for the whole box, I was too tired to argue!) He stuck 2 of the marshmallows together, and said, "Look, Mommy! I made a girl!" It did look like a girl. Then he bit her head off.


Later in the day, while eating a piece of swiss cheese, he told me that he'd made a seahorse. I had a little bit more trouble seeing this one. See if you can...
Before bed, desperate for something to pass the time, I made Tristan a "car" out of a Pampers box. Yes, I know it looks like a toilet seat, but that's a steering wheel with a steering wheel cover on it. Tristan knew what it was, and that's what matters. I also drew windows with people in them. Tristan played with this for at least 30 minutes, before he tore the box up.



Any ideas for what we can do for fun today? I feel better today, but Tristan is still sick, so we're home again.

No comments: