5/14/2008

Simple Pleasures

Last night, Tristan woke up at 3 am. He was coughing his head off, complaining of ear & throat pain. We got up, and I gave him Tylenol & Benadryl. After watching an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine, while drinking a strawberry smoothie, he agreed to go back to bed. I took him to his bed, but he had a different idea. "I just need to snuggle in Mommy's bed, because I'm sick!" When you're a child, and you're sick, there's not much better than snuggling with your mommy, so I said OK. (This time I remembered to take him to the potty before putting him in my bed!) Well, we arranged the pillows, pulled up the covers, and I put my arm around him. He turned over to look at me, and said, "No, mommy, snuggle me like this." Then he wrapped both of my arms tightly around him, and that's how we fell back asleep. :-)



First thing this morning, I called the doctor's office. They worked Tristan in at 9:50, and ran a strep test on him. Negative. He just has a nasty virus. Poor kid! At least with strep, there's medicine to make it better. I just hope this virus runs its course quickly.



I felt a lot better this morning, but by noon I was really tired. I decided to indulge in something to make myself feel better. So, at about 12:30, I put on my pastel, striped, footed pajamas. They were a recent gift from my friend Holly. (One of my all-time favorite gifts, I must say!) I had told her a while ago that I wished they made footed pajamas in my size, since the boys always look so cute & comfy in them. When she saw some at a J.C. Penney's outlet store, she got me a pair. Well, I'm not sure how cute I am in them, but they sure are comfortable! Ahhhhhh...





No comments: