5/05/2008

Shiny Sinks & Lizard Love

If you've read my first post, you know that my project for the day was to clean my kitchen sink. Well, I've now finished, and to be honest, I think it would have been easier to just install a new sink! But apparently, the point of this project wasn't just to have a clean & shiny sink, but to feel a wonderful & exhilarating sense of accomplishment for actually completing something. So, how do I feel about my new, clean, shiny sink? Besides the carpal tunnel (carpal sinkal?) syndrome I am now suffering from, I feel strangely... wonderful & exhilarated!




I've always wanted to be able to host dinner parties for friends in my home. My only question now is, exactly how many friends can I fit in my kitchen sink? :)


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


We have a lizard who seems to have decided that our back porch makes a fine home. We see him out there all the time. Tristan will ask him things like, "Are you having fun outside today, lizard?" Today, he made another appearance, and Tristan decided to play with him. He chased him off the back porch, and up the side of the house. All the while, he's telling the lizard not to be scared, because he doesn't want to hurt the lizard, he just wants to look at him & play with him. The lizard finally decided to rest for a minute on the side of the house, and Tristan decided the lizard needed a bath. Using water from the outside tap, he filled his toy school bus, and then threw the water on the lizard. Then he asked the lizard, "Do you love me?", while holding out his hand for the lizard. The poor lizard had finally had enough. He took off, around the corner of the house, as fast as he could. Tristan's comment? "Wow! He's fast!! Come back lee-zard!"





No comments: