5/21/2008

My Kid Could Paint That

This is a picture of Tristan's masterpiece. He painted this on the bathroom closet door, with toothpaste, while sitting on the potty.

Now read the description of the documentary I received from Netflix yesterday, called My Kid Could Paint That...

Amir Bar-Lev directs this thought-provoking documentary about a precocious 4-year-old artist whose abstract works have drawn critical comparisons with modernist greats such as Kandinsky, Picasso and Pollack -- and whose talents have already profited her more than $300,000. Is her gift with a paintbrush just an illusion, or is she truly an artistic visionary trapped in the body of a child?

So here's my dilemma: do I clean up the mess, and tell Tristan that we don't paint on doors with toothpaste? Or do I tell him how proud I am of him for his artistic vision, and then contact an agent?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd say that's worth half a million at least!

Pierce said...

I'm sorry, it doesn't go with my couch.
(As Bill Watterson said, in his Calvin persona, the problem with avant-garde art is know who is putting on whom.)