7/27/2008

He Can Too!!!

At the gym, you can leave your children in the child care area for only 1 hour, until they learn to walk. Once they learn how to walk, they can stay for 2 hours. That means that you actually have time to do a good workout, and then go swimming, get in the hot tub or sauna, and then take a shower. Cool!

So at the end of last week, I decided to take advantage of my new freedom, since Logan is walking now. I worked out for an hour, then spent some time in the hot tub, sauna and pool. After that, I took a hot shower, got dressed, and dried my hair. After 1 hour & 40 minutes (and feeling stupendous!), I went to pick up the kids. They met me at the door.

"We've been looking for you!" Oh my gosh! Are my kids OK? What happened? "You know that you can only leave Logan for 1 hour!" But, but, but, I stuttered. He's walking now, so he can stay for 2 hours. They informed me that they have never seen Logan take a single step. They've never even seen him stand up on his own. And then they asked me if I was sure he knew how to walk. Can you believe that?

Well, I have news for them! My child can too walk! I have video proof on my camera, from yesterday morning at my friend Anna's house. I plan to show it to them in the morning. Just because he's taking total advantage of them, and getting them to hold him the entire time he's there, doesn't mean that I'm lying. It just means that they're suckers.

So there! Take that, gym people! :)~

7 comments:

Harrington Family said...

Thats too funny! I joined a 24 hour gym. I go at night after mine fall asleep and I get to shower afterwards. Showering at the gym just changes the experience towards the better! The gym has a daycare but I haven't used it yet. I can't until Lily is 6months old and plus I have a mommy's boy who may scream the whole time. As for the stroller. I bought it at Target. It is the deluxe model and the seat came with it. Noah sits well in it now so I will use it a while longer. He is not crazy about sitting in strollers or carts so I don't think it will make a difference with the seat gone. Does Tristan like to stand up?

Anonymous said...

What's the reasoning behind the 1-hour limit? I don't get it.

That's funny though.

I've seen Logan walk, if you need a witness!

the Percifuls said...

I think the time limit is probably because the children who don't walk yet require more attention, and more workers. They're just being cheap! :)

And I did show them the video this morning. They said, "Well, look at that. He can walk." But still the 1-hour limit, since he won't walk for them. Ugh!

the Fosters said...

I can't believe they will not let him stay longer! If he is walking, then they should honor their rule! I am glad you showed them the video. Sorry I couldn't make it to the party the other night.

Anonymous said...

Show your video to the manager! Demand fairness! Oh well, guess you have to pick your battles.

Seems like they could just let him sit and play, and if he really wanted to get up and walk badly enough, he would!

Rodney Tindall, REALTOR said...

I can't believe they said that to you! If he's walkin' then he's walkin'. Next time you're in, just have him take like two steps and then run away. See what they do. :)

Jenny said...

that's craziness!!! for the amount they charge they need to get real!!