7/02/2008

Happy 40th, Mr. Robinson!!

Last night at community group, we celebrated a big milestone. Todd will be turning 40 tomorrow. I plan to start calling him Mr. Robinson, since I was brought up to show proper respect for my elders. Here is the front of the card I made for him...

The inside of the card read

So it's your fortieth birthday;
Four decades have gone and passed.
They say when you get older,
Time goes twice as fast.

I wouldn't know, of course,
Since I am still quite young,
But for you, the music is over;
Your last song has been sung.

You're just over the hill at forty;
You went down without a fight.
Time rushes on, and soon
That "hill" will be out of sight!

Happy Birthday Anyway!

(I found the poem @ http://www.poemsource.com/birthday-poems.html)






We had a great time hanging out, and eating the delicious cake Michelle made. (Michelle, feel free to post the recipe in the comment section of my blog!!) It was great to see everyone again after being out of town & then stuck at home sick. I love you guys!

No comments: