7/05/2008

Happy Independence Day!

Yesterday, we went to Rodney & April's house to celebrate Independence Day. We had a wonderful time. I took dessert, but they did everything else. At one point, I asked if I could do anything to help. April said no. She told me that since Matt is away serving, it means that I'm serving too, so they were just going to take care of me for the day. Isn't that nice? They served us hot dogs, chicken, potato salad, chips & strawberries. Yummy!

Tristan and Savannah had so much fun playing together! At one point, Savannah gave Tristan a big hug, which turned into a wrestling match. I grabbed the camera & took a video of it (see below.) After it was over, I asked Tristan who had won. He didn't even hesitate. "Savannah won!"

Logan was trying to push random things around the house as walkers, so April dug out Savannah's old walker. After that, Logan was off & running! I took a video of that for you, too. Boy, that kid can really get around! I think he could walk by himself right now, if he really wanted to.

Thank you, Rodney, April & Savannah. We had a great time!






After dark last night (about 9:15 pm), Tristan, Logan & I went out in the back yard to watch fireworks. From our back yard, we have a perfect view of the fireworks show the country club puts on every year. Both kids loved it. Tristan kept yelling, "Yeah! It's fireworks time! They're very pow-y!" Logan clapped repeatedly. I'd say the fireworks were a big hit.

The only thing that could have made this day any better would have been having Matt here to celebrate it with us. We love & miss you, Matt, but we're so proud of you for what you're doing. Hope you had a great 4th of July, too!!

No comments: