2/01/2009

Update

Matt got a call from the National Guard on Friday, asking him to get ready to leave for NW Arkansas, to help with the ice storms. He left home 3 hours later, heading for Monticello, where his unit is located. (Yes, I know that is actually south of us, but that's the way the army does things!) They left Monticello yesterday morning, and only made it to the Searcy armory before the mission was scrubbed. Why? We don't know.

He's currently "on hold" at the Searcy armory, waiting for a new mission. If they don't receive one, I suppose he'll get to come back home, probably by way of Monticello again.

In other news, I can't wait for the superbowl party at Eric & Becke's tonight. I'm making cheese dip with chips and a strawberry trifle. To be completely honest, I don't even know who's in the superbowl this year. (I usually do!) I'm just looking forward to rooting for somebody (I'll pick my team later today), laughing at the commercials with good friends, and eating some yummy food!

Also, have to mention something cute Tristan said yesterday. I had fixed my hair with lots of curls, and asked him if he liked it. He touched it gently, and told me that he liked that it felt like doll hair. :-)

2 comments:

Ruthie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruthie said...

How bizarre that they already canceled it! The way the military does things is so strange to us civilians. Hope he's home again soon.
(sorry about the delete -- Caitlin needed something and I got distracted and hit the wrong buttons -- I think I need more coffee)