10/25/2008

My Little Angel

Here is a conversation that occurred at my house this morning...

Me: Tristan, can you come over here for a minute so Mommy can talk to you?

Tristan: OK

Me: I just wanted to let you know that Mommy is having a hard day... (Mommy starts crying now) I just really miss Daddy since he left, and I'm so sorry that I yelled at you earlier.

Tristan: (climbing into the chair & hugging Mommy) Well, that's ok. I'm here. I'll make you happy while Daddy's gone.

Me: You will? (Mommy starts crying harder) Thank you, honey. You're so sweet.

Tristan: I will make you happy by having chocolate for breakfast. See? (Tristan goes and gets the bag of Hershey's Bliss chocolate.) I will climb up in the chair with you, and we will have chocolate for breakfast, to make you happy.

Me: Tristan, do you know how much I love you?

Tristan: I love you, too. (hugging Mommy again & then feeding her a piece of chocolate)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Tristan already knows the way to a woman's heart. How sweet! You made me cry.

I love you and wish I could be there to cry and eat chocolate with you.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

That's my boy. I wish i was still there. I love you all.

Ruthie said...

You have taught him well! He is such a sweet boy. You are doing a great job.
So sorry things have been so difficult this time around. Please come visit or call if you need to.
Just remember, this to shall pass ...

In His Army said...

That is SOOO sweet. I have been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering how you were doing. I figured you might be having a rough week, I'll keep you in my prayers. What a sweet child you have!

Anonymous said...

Bless his sweet littel heart. I know those boys are such an encouragement to you. If you need a thing, please let me know.

Little Oak Table said...

that is so stinkin' sweet.

your raisin' that boy right!

Anonymous said...

Tristan, that was really a nice thing to do. You are such a loving child because you see and experience so much love being shared in your family.

(Jana, I love a guy with a sensitive side and, in the future, so will his wife.)