10/10/2008

7 Things

OK, I've been officially tagged by Casie. So here are 7 weird/interesting things about me...

1. Whenever possible, I like to have something to read while I'm eating. I've had this quirk since I was a child. I remember reading the same cereal box so many times that I almost had it memorized!

2. I'm a stickler for correct grammar. My mom was an elementary school teacher, and dad was a newspaper reporter, so they both really stressed the importance of speaking well. As my sister says, I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned.

3. I'm allergic to metal. For years I haven't been able to wear any jewelry except silver & gold. I'm finding now that I can wear most jewelry made by Premier Designs (thanks Anna!), but not all. Right now, I have an ugly rash with blisters on my left wrist from my watch. Ugh!

4. I once tried to open a tube of superglue with my teeth, and the tube exploded. The only reason I didn't end up in the ER was because I quickly gargled some nail polish remover.

5. I dropped out of high school in my senior year, later received my GED, then attended the UCA Honors College on a full scholarship, before dropping out of college also. Lesson learned: being "book smart" doesn't get you anywhere in life if you're lacking common sense & a willingness to work hard .

6. I love eating frosted strawberry pop tarts with butter on top.

7. During our very first date, I told Matt that I knew we would end up married. Everyone (including Matt, probably) thought I was crazy. Ten years later, we're still going strong! :-)


***I tag any of my blogging friends who haven't completed this yet.***

3 comments:

the Fosters said...

I guess I forgot to write your name in my long list. Glad you got to get tagged too.

Anonymous said...

#4 -- Oh my gosh!

Anonymous said...

Do you need me to add numbers 11 through 20 to this list? Ha! Ha!