10/31/2008

I'm Jana Perciful, and I approved this message




Last night, I needed some groceries, so I packed the kids up and headed to Kroger. I loaded the kids into a race cart and headed into the store.




I was surprised to find out that they were having a Halloween celebration. As we neared the middle of the store, smiling employees wearing costumes offered my kids free bags of candy. Unfortunately, the candy was all chocolate. I told them thanks, but that my kids have peanut allergies and can't eat chocolate. Then I continued on, only to be chased down a minute later. They had looked around and found alternate gifts for my peanut-free children. They gave Tristan a really cool pumpkin necklace, which he loved. Logan got a small orange thing of bubble blowing solution with a wand. He was delighted when I blew bubbles for him throughout the store.




On the other end of the store, a really sweet woman was doing face painting and giving away balloons. Tristan got a pumpkin on one cheek, and a red balloon. They took his picture, and then a picture of him standing next to Logan, and told me I could pick up the pics in a few days. This woman also had candy to give away, but this time it was all peanut-free, so Tristan got a bag.




At checkout, I was telling the checker lady what a nice time we'd had. I wasn't paying any attention to the guy bagging up the groceries. He'd loaded all my groceries into another cart. Now I had a problem... babies in the race cart, groceries in another cart. Nope, no problem. My checker happily moved everything into the race cart for me.




On the way out of the store, I asked for the manager. They called him over, and I thanked him for our great experience in his store. Every employee we'd encountered was helpful & smiling. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy. What great customer service!




These days, you run into so many people who are just doing as little as possible. I've dealt with lots of employees who are rude, in bad moods, and not at all helpful. Some even act as if you're putting them out just asking them to do their job! The guys and gals at Kroger last night were so wonderful, I just had to share.
And no, this is not a paid endorsement. But if someone from Kroger happens to be reading this, and wants to mail me some coupons, or give me a discount on future shopping trips, that would be just fine with me! :-)

4 comments:

In His Army said...

Sounds like a pleasant trip to the grocery store! Yes, the kids never want to get out of the race car carts!

Little Oak Table said...

well now that is just so much fun! you scored bigtime! you just can't beat kroger! if michelle is reading this i know she's amen-ing because she hates walmart! funny!

Ruthie said...

That is great! You are so lucky -- I had a horrible experience at our Kroger yesterday. The good thing is that it was the first time I've had trouble with their customer service, so I hope it is the last.
It is so nice when a place like that goes above and beyond without being asked -- you want to make your own ad for them!

Rodney Tindall, REALTOR said...

Thanks for posting a positive story about your experience! Lately, I have been needing to around positive things, and this fit the bill. I'm glad that your little guys got to join in the fun, and that those folks went out of their way to make it happen!