9/10/2008

I stand corrected!

Isn't it funny how the things we tell our kids come back to haunt us?

Whenever we're in the car, Tristan loves to shout out the names of his favorite vehicles. If we pass a fire station, he yells, "Fire truck!" If a Fed Ex truck drives by, he hollers, "Fed Ex truck!" He has lots of favorite vehicles, so car rides are usually quite noisy.

Yesterday morning, on the way to preschool, I spotted a dump truck at a 4-way stop. Tristan didn't notice it, so I loudly said, "Dump truck!"

"OK, OK," Tristan told me. "You don't have to yell. You can just talk!"

I laughed the rest of the way to preschool!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

New posts, new posts! So happy to see them!
Tristan and Conall have so much in common -- that sounds just like something Conall would say to me!