8/19/2008

First Day of School

Today was Tristan's first day of preschool. We visited the school last week, and he loved it. We signed him up on the spot, and he's been begging to go to school every day since then. We've been doing a countdown. Tristan would ask if he could go to school, and I'd tell him, "Just 2 more days!" Then he would respond, "Two more long days?" He really couldn't wait.

Well, today was the big day. I was so excited, I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I went to wake Tristan up at 7:00. I said, "Tristan, do you want to go to school today?" He was wide awake instantly. The first thing he said was, "I'm not scared! I'm just excited!" Then he smiled at me, and told me that was his happy face.

We got ready, and Dad came over to stay with Logan while I took Tristan to school. When we got there, I had to stop at the front desk to sign Tristan in. When I turned around, he had disappeared! I found him already playing in his classroom. His room is the rainbow fish room, with decorations from the Rainbow Fish book. It's really cool.

I did manage to get Tristan to pose for a few pictures, but he was really more interested in playing, and saying good morning to their class pets (a gerbil and hermit crabs).

After a few minutes, I asked Tristan if it was ok if I went back home. No response. Again, I asked him if he was ready for me to go. No response. He was too busy playing. Finally, I said, "OK, I'm going home now. I'll come back to pick you up later." At this, he stopped playing, to protest. "But Mommy, you said I could stay all day!" I had to laugh. I told him that was right, that I'd be back to pick him up after all day. He went right back to playing, and I left without so much as a goodbye from him. Wow! My "little boy" sure is growing up fast!
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet! Where is he going?

Jenny said...

That is soooo sweet... yeah, where's he going?