12/10/2008

Sick

Sunday afternoon, Logan lay down for his nap feeling fine. When he woke up, he had a 101.5 temperature. He was sick for about 24 hours, with fever and stomach complications. Yesterday, Tristan's preschool called me at 11 am. When I got there to pick him up, he was laying down on the couch in their lobby, just limp. I got him home, and his fever was almost 102. I tried to give him some medicine, but he refused anything. He kept telling me over and over that he didn't want to eat or drink anything, or do anything. I could tell that he really felt horrible. He just lay on the couch all day, sleeping off and on, mumbling at times. It was really scary. I've never seen him like that before. He threw up once, about 5:00, but besides that it was just fever and listlessness. Stephanie went to the store at 5:30, and got some tylenol suppositories for him, since I couldn't get him to take medicine any other way (and he usually LOVES taking medicine!) He agreed to the suppository, and finally started feeling better. But then he went downhill again. Even with the medicine, he still felt just awful last night. He finally collapsed in exhaustion at 3:45 am. He doesn't seem to have a fever this morning, and he is still sleeping soundly, so maybe the worst is over. I just hope I'm not next!! And I hope that I can catch a nap sometime today. I'm really, really tired.

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Sounds like what Caitlin had and Conall now has. I guess it is making the rounds. Hang in there!

Jenny said...

Ohhh... bless him! Hope this all passes soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope you 3 get to feeling better soon. I miss and love you all.

In His Army said...

Bless your heart girl, hope everyone in your household is better now!

Anonymous said...

hey missy miss, what size shoe do you wear? will you post a comment on my blog and let me know?!

random i know.

hope little bit is doing better.

love ya! bugs & sunshine