12/03/2008

No thanks, mom

Tonight at 7:30, Tristan and I were sitting in the living room, looking at the kitchen clock. I was showing him when it would be bedtime. "When the big hand is on the 12, then it's your bedtime." He tried arguing with me. He told me that after the hand went past the 12, then he could play some more. So I told him that no, that would still be bedtime, and that if he talked back or argued with me again, he could go straight to bed. That's when he looked at me and said, "When the big hand is on the 12, then it's your bedtime." I asked him if he was talking back to me. "No, I'm just giving the words back to you, because I don't want them." I had to leave the room, I was laughing so hard!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I can see him saying it! That reminds me so much of Conall. I hope the two of them keep each other out of trouble when they are teenagers, otherwise they might be dangerous together.

In His Army said...

Oh you have your hands full! That's so funny!

Little Oak Table said...

is your little man feeling any better?