1/06/2009

Matt Update & New Camera Pictures

In case anyone doesn't know, Matt went back to Camp Shelby for a medical check. He had an MRI done last week on his neck, back & knees. They finally read it yesterday, and have determined that he is suffering from "normal wear and tear", which means no treatment at this point. If he has further problems in the future, the treatment will be paid for by the Army. He has a little bit of paperwork to finish, then he'll head home, probably tomorrow.

In other news, the kids finally destroyed my camera. I bought a new one on eBay, and received it a few days ago. It's an Olympus Stylus 840... 8.0 megapixels, 5x zoom. I really like it! It has tons of cool settings, but isn't too difficult to use. Here are a few pictures I've taken with the new camera...






This last picture is of a "letter" that Tristan sent to Luke Wanamaker over the weekend. He asked me for paper, envelopes, and stamps, so he could "write letters" to his friends. Each letter was a page covered with stickers. We mailed letters to Spencer Kravitz, Luke & Anna Wanamaker, and Becke' Stuart (all his choices) before he lost interest.

3 comments:

Becke' said...

Yeah! He is coming home! I LOVED opening my special letter from Tristan today! It made me smile!

Ruthie said...

Glad to hear an update from you guys! I love the new background, too.

In His Army said...

Neat photos! Jaidne likes to amil stuff. How sweet of him to pick people to mail to!